De Padova was founded in 1956, the year in which Maddalena and Fernando De Padova opened a small store on Via Montenapoleone in Milan, and decided to import Scandinavian furniture. For the first time, the design of Northern Europe had reached Italy: a revolution that would permanently change the way people live. Maddalena De Padova founded “Edizioni De Padova” in 1983, later known as “è DePadova,” the brand with which she began to produce and distribute a collection by some of the leading Italian and international designers: Achille Castiglioni, Vico Magistretti, Dieter Rams.
In April of 2015, the company was acquired by Boffi. The union of De Padova and Boffi will allow the companies to collaborate on an international joint distribution program, with their shared passion and Italian heritage, making the companies leaders in contemporary furniture design. Starting October 28th, 2015, De Padova has a new address: via Santa Cecilia 7, a cross street of Corso Monforte. After 50 years in the extraordinary space on Corso Venezia, De Padova is radically changing strategy for its Milanese flagship store.